Sunday, April 22, 2012

Catching up and Shanghai

So, the last time you heard from me, I was about to head off to Camp Swing It 2012. CSI was awesome, and then the next morning I flew to Shanghai, and was all ready to tweet / blog about it. Except I completely forgot about one vital detail about electronic communication in China...


So, now that I'm back in Japan, I can catch up on blogging my travels in China. Here's what happened the next day..


I have to confess that Shanghai wasn't my favourite place. I'd badly hurt my foot, to the point that walking around town was painful, I had to miss social dancing on Tuesday night, and I was worried that the rest of my trip would be ruined. Shanghai was also (unsurprisingly) very humid, and overwhelmingly busy and commercially overstimulating. That said, I had probably my most comfortable stay in a hostel, and it was cheap to get around. If I'd been there a little longer, I'm sure I would have adjusted to the culture and climate. However, I was also keen to get onto a train and move on to Beijing...

No comments:

Post a Comment